first of all i have to say that these turned out soooo delicious. i'm not a very good baker because i never follow the directions properly and am the queen of substitutes.
this is the recipe i 'followed' with the proper substitutions i used. if you want an unedited version it is available here. my recipe is the doubled, no raisons, substitute butterscotch chips for the non-existent cinnamon chip version and it made about 50 cookies. enough for two parties :)
- 1.5 cup butter, softened
- 2 cup packed regular brown sugar
- 2 egg
- 2 tablespoon apple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 (10 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 2 cups apples - peeled, cored and chopped (about 3 apples)
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon (or more)
it helps if you drink eggnog with nutmeg.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, egg, apple juice and vanilla in large bowl until creamy. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to butter mixture; beat until blended. Stir in oats. Add butterscotch chips, and apples; stir until blended. make balls with the dough about 1.5 inches wide.
- Bake 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. don't overbake them, they are way better gooey inside.