Monday, October 3, 2011

Pumpkin Pie-topia


I made pumpkin pie last weekend because I lost a bet to my brothers friend and the punishment was to make him pie. it could be any pie but I wanted either apple or pumpkin because that seemed festive. anyway, it wasn't much of a punishment to HAVE to make pie. yummmm.


I made one large traditional pie and the filling that I bought made enough to make one large pie and 12 mini-pies. SO GOOD! 

I didn't need all the mini-pies at once so I after pre-cooking the pie shells only I just put the filling in the shells and popped them in the freezer. When I am ready for them I can just pull them out and finish the cooking process. 


photo cred goes to my brother ian, who gobbled up mini-pies as payment. thank you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...