Sunday, June 28, 2009

today


too much to do, too little time. 
so much done, so much more to do. 

ITS SUMMER. no really ITS SUMMMMMMMMER. 
right now. today. tomorrow. its here. 
every year i always think how i never fully enjoy summer, embrace it everyday and let it sink into me. it makes it harder when i work anywhere from 8 to 13 hour days six days a week, running around the whole time, head on my shoulders smile on my face. to be honest i enjoy it, its one of the few places where i get paid to stay in constant motion and the ability to roll with the punches is rewarded with money. and really, im serving people who are on vacation, drinking beers and relaxing on the patio its not like i'm stuck in a cubicle wearing collared shirts and writing progress reports. i had enough of that last year. its tough, for sure, but at the end of the day with a stack of twenties in my pocket i feel good, i feel like it was all worth it. 

i got this from chez larsson and i feel like it is helping me feel thankful for what i have and figure out how im going to spend the rest of the day.


Today...

Outside my window... the humidity has broken and even though it means a rainy day i am welcoming it. 

I am thinking... about how much homework i really need to get done. like yesterday. 

I am thankful for... the choices that we made that are finally starting to take shape. 

From the kitchen... a delicious tomato cucumber and taziki sandwich with lettuce from the garden. 

I am wearing...bluh..pjs that i spilled the above sandwich on. 

I am creating... a website! really. actually. 

I am going... to bake some cookies, or maybe muffins or something now that this heat is gone. 

I'm reading... "Tara Road" by Maive Binchy

I am hoping... that the president does well at his physical testing today in the city for the OPP. 

I am hearing... the rain pitter patter on the deck outside. so soothing. 

Around the house...there are many bodies and friendly faces. bringing me coffee and making lunch. 

One of my favorite things... to have a hugely productive day that makes me feel accomplished and not so guilty about all the other days. 

A few plans for the rest of the week... work work and work. next week i have thursday friday off and the president and i might try and make it up to my cottage for the first time this summer. 

A picture to share...











enjoy the day! xox

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...