Thursday, January 24, 2008

I got a hole in me now, ya, i got a scar i can talk about

"Some things in this world, man, they don't make sense
Some things you don't need until they leave you...
They're the things that you miss" -bright lights, matchbox twenty

some days are better then others.

a cute way to use up old fabric. i really like the birch wood embroidery hoops. (as opposed to the dark ones my mom used)

more cute ideas are here

this is an apartment I am thinking of calling. I need to change my living arrangements. they are not working for me.
Things I have learned that I need in an apartment: I need a place that can inspire me through providing comfort and beauty. I can NOT live in a cluttered house. I need roommates that are respectful of this and CLEAN UP AFTER THEMSELVES. I do not have children at this stage in my life for the reason that I want to live without having to take care of others. yet, that is what i am doing almost everyday.

I believe in loving your home and it will embrace you back. a lot of my philosophies of the home come from the book Apartment Therapy by Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan. it is probably the single most inspiring novel, in terms of changing the way I live my life. The novel shows that through updating, fixing and most importantly LISTENING to your home you can create a space that you truly love and not just live with. Making small changes in the way your furnature is arranged, reorganizing a cluttered closet and purging yourself of accumulated clutter can drastically change the feeling of a home. you should be excited to come home and live in your space, as well as should take ownership of it.
to quote directly from the website "A calm, healthy, beautiful home is a necessary foundation for happiness and success in the world."






My favorite Etsy find of the day. :)

1 comment:

Zoeyjane said...

sounds like we're in the same place, space wise. needing less, craving more.

love the blog, e.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...