Wednesday, September 28, 2011

clothing show + Subject II Change


This past weekend was the fall edition of the Clothing Show! I've been a few times in the past and this year there were a LOT of great jewelry designs. I noticed many more independent jewelers selling their own home made items instead of the typical 'made in china' stuff. it was GREAT to see!

One downside of the show this season was the vintage clothing. I found it to be overpriced and well...lackluster. I remember looking at vendors booths with racks and racks and racks of clothing. this year it was edited and beautiful but also higher priced. Also, I found the vintage to be really 'fancy'. long flapper style dresses, fur hats, gloves and gowns. not your typical day wear.


I was slightly drawn to this feathery sparkly number though.
sidenote- don't you love jaci's thinking stance here? she is DEEP in thought deciding which item to go with.

AND THEN! and then we ran into my friend from school Amanda who has started her own jewelry line. Subject II Change. she had AMAZING items for sale and displayed it perfectly. she even made or re purposed all of her furniture.

I bought a pair of great white feather earrings which i'm in love with and jaci bough a realllllllly cool hair clip with feathers on it.



I fully recommend anything Amanda makes, she is genius and her items are very well crafted. check her stuff out at the links below.

http://www.SubjectIIChange.etsy.com
http://twitter.com/#!/SubjectIIChange

1 comment:

miss teacups said...

oh! jaci's still in town, awesome! i would have loved to have gone to this...it seems awesome! i always love the tradeshows i've been to in the past, they are great! one of the reasons why i wished i lived in toronto! next time you're going to something like this, let me know and i'll join!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...